To begin with, I'll say I really like this mascara, so this will be a pretty cut and dry review. After a week of use I feel I can adequately convey my experience with this product, so let's get going:
- Price- its about $4 which you absolutely can not beat and I'll tell you why in another pro
- Size- 0.3 fl. oz./10 mL
- Brush- this is the "pro" I was referencing in the first post. The brush is very reminiscent of the Benefit Bad Girl Mascara brush, big and full and really does add tons of volume.
- Application- it applies very well, smoothly covering each lash. It is also a good layering mascara, I'd say three coats max! I didn't experience and clumping and was able to work through my lashes easily in applying two or more coats.
- Formula- as mentioned, this really is a voluminizing mascara that covers each lash amazingly. The formula is surprisingly nice and thick, but not too thick. The formula itself has a good balance of shine to it, not too much nor is it dry.
- Packaging- Large tube, black and silver graphics, cute!
- Formula- This mascara flakes, my eyes actually get quite irritated after a days work b/c they flakes start falling in my eyes.
- Packaging- It comes just how you see it, not sealed or on any other type of packaging. This was alarming to me, because with any product you put on the face, especially the eyes, I would prefer to purchase it inside of sealed packaging. If it even had had a safety seal on it and no packaging I would have been okay with that. Anyone can just open one in the store and put it on or open it to see what it looks like, exposing it to bacteria. I grabbed the second or third one back hoping that no one had opened it.
- Size- This is not a purse-friendly size. Its a rather large tube and if you carry a small purse, like say a clutch, it would take up some room. Think of the size of a basic highlighter or jumbo Sharpie marker.
Overall, I am unlikely to re-purchase this product, because of the packaging even though I love the brush. I just don't deem it as safe as purchasing a product that is sealed. You might ask, Tenns, why did you even purchase the mascara if you were that alarmed? Well to be honest, I opened the first one in the line on the display, thinking it was a tester, to see what the brush was like and I really wanted the mascara. I then realized that none of the mascaras had seals on them and ended up grabbing the second or third mascara in the line. I did this, because I assumed I wasn't the first person to open up the first one and was absolutely not going to purchase it. Anyways, if none of this freaks you out and you don't mind a bit of flakage, this actually is a decent mascara with a great brush that is light on the wallet.
Available @ Ulta stores and Ulta.com